Who We Are?
Living Water Center aims to extend much assistance as possible to Burmese migrant workers in Thailand as especially women and children. We also provides HIV awareness training in local Burmese community in Bangkok.
The mission of this Center (LWC) is to give counselling, education and partial physical support to the Burmese migrant workers who are away from their hometown.
We endeavour to achieve this by way of assistance in:
We give moral support to detainees of all ages in order to rebuild their shattered dreams, realize the value of life and to start off a new life.
We provide basic education such as English Class and Computer Training for the Burmese migrant workers who interested to learn for better communication skills and for the own benefits.
The most vulnerable target groups are the migrant workers working in the construction industry, factories and other industries including children. The project is targeting such a population living mainly in Bangkok.
- To provide emergency assistance to woman and children at risk
- To provide health education to less opportunity children and migrants at community
- Provide HIV awareness education to Burmese migrant workers in Bangkok as well as at outskirt Bangkok.
- Provide Thai & English language education class on every Sunday.
- Provide non-formal education to migrant children at Thai-Burma borders.
- Provide emergency aid to women and children at risk.
- Provide information about Thai Labor law, culture and other matters of concern.
- Work in collaboration with other religious organizations to serve the needs of migrant workers from Burma.
- Distribution of supplemental foods, accessories, clothes and nutrition.
- Interpretation at court, detention center and police stations.
- Collaborate with Thai and International NGOs and co-ordination with relevant Government Organizations concerning the problems of migrant workers.
We are accepting dondations
Due to the ongoing costs and expenses incurred by the day to day running of the Living Water Center, we are always happy to receive any donations to assit our cause. This may be in the form of monetary or money in kind donations.Donate